Accounts Payable Analyst
Location: United States
Responsible for handling a group of Insurance/Brokerage companies, you will collect statements/invoices for each carrier and be responsible for paying them on schedule and on-time. Included is the responsibility for keeping each carrier’s payable clean and up to date.
- Prepares and submits carrier payments for each of the insurance/brokerage companies
- Identifies and resolves any billing discrepancies before issuing payment to carriers
- Must be proactive in reaching out to Account Managers, via WorkSmart tasking, regarding payments due, billing issues, and company invoices required for backup
- Must keep a running account current with any omitted items which ties to tasks in the to-do list in WorkSmart
- Corresponds with insurance/brokerage companies on daily basis
- Runs weekly Subsidiary Aged report to identify invoices available to pay
- Must be familiar with carriers; contacts and billing cycle for each
Successful Candidates will have:
- Minimum, Associate degree or equivalent experience with two years Accounting experience/education
- Experience within insurance accounting required
- Experience with AMS360 and/or Worksmart a definite plus
- Work well individually as well as part of a team and analytically minded
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be well versed in Excel and Word
Risk Strategies is the 9th largest privately held US brokerage firm offering comprehensive risk management advice, insurance and reinsurance placement for property & casualty, employee benefits, private client services, as well as consulting services and financial & wealth solutions. With more than 30 specialty practices, Risk Strategies serves commercial companies, nonprofits, public entities, and individuals, and has access to all major insurance markets. Risk Strategies has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across the US and Canada.
Our industry recognition includes being named a Best Places to Work in Insurance for the past five years (2018-2022) and on the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. We are committed to being good stewards for our company, culture, and communities by having a strong focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance issues.
At Risk Strategies Company, base pay is one part of our total compensation package, which also includes a comprehensive suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings, The total compensation for a position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. The expected base pay range for this position is between $22.00 - $29.30/Hour. The actual base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including geographical location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.