Senior Account Manager, Aerospace
Location: United States
As a leading aviation, aerospace, and defense risk management specialist, we know the needs of our clients go far beyond what the eyes can see. Our team of specialists has decades of industry experience and is dedicated to helping you understand the complexities of aviation risks and management needs. We're looking for a strong Senior Account Manager to help grow our Aerospace team while supporting a both small and large accounts totaling over $3.5m in total premium.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Building and maintaining constructive and effective relationships with all customers by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Ability to develop and grow customer and underwriter relationships with willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Leveraging Aviation insurance knowledge and expertise to actively service existing accounts and develop new business opportunities
- Fostering an environment of personal accountability by managing appropriate system records of service, marketing, and policy communications with clients and carriers in AMS accordingly
- Nurturing professional relationships through the facilitation of personal client meetings and consistent client contact
- Participating in the retention of renewal business. Interacting with producers, account executive, or co-account manager to prepare specifications, applications, underwriting data and related information in the marketing of insurance products
- Ensuring the client has continuous and proper coverage and advising the client of any recommendations within a mutually established timeline
- Reviewing current policies and providing recommendations regarding placement options. Utilizing coverage checklists and a network of aviation industry contacts to determine appropriate coverage and premiums
- Supporting the implementation of new lines of coverage by setting up accounts, collecting needed documentation, and reviewing plan details with Client and Carrier
- Executing coverage analysis as needed as well as providing the client with accurate quotation for any additional coverage’s
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience of Commercial Lines client management experience; aviation insurance preferred.
- Valid P&C brokers’ license
- College degree preferred
- Industry specific designations preferred- CISR, ARM or similar
- Proficient in insurance agency management systems with ability to quickly learn new software systems.
- Extensive knowledge of all aviation lines of coverage, underwriters and markets, rate analysis/procedures & reporting
- Ability to clearly articulate these products/plans to clients and underwriters, including compliance and legislative information
- Educating and understanding aviation marketplace trends and best practices to best meet client needs
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys problem-solving
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be available for travel – approximately 25%; expenses reimbursed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- The work environment characteristics described are representative of those employees performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Occasional travel
Risk Strategies is the 9th largest privately held US brokerage firm offering comprehensive risk management advice, insurance and reinsurance placement for property & casualty, employee benefits, private client services, as well as consulting services and financial & wealth solutions. With more than 30 specialty practices, the firm serves commercial companies, nonprofits, public entities, and individuals, and has access to all major insurance markets. Risk Strategies has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across the US and Canada.
Industry recognition includes being named a Best Places to Work in Insurance for five consecutive years (2018-2022) and to the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. Risk Strategies is committed to being good stewards for our company, culture, and communities by having a strong focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance issues.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.