Account Manager, Commercial Lines
Location: Portland, OR, USA
We are seeking an Account Manager to join our Commercial Team. This strategic role will play an integral part in assisting Account Executives with larger account service needs/business opportunities. The Account Manager will service a book of business consisting of various types of Commercial business. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver interested in growing their career in Insurance.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Leverage commercial P&C insurance knowledge and expertise to actively service existing accounts and develop new business opportunities
- Nurture professional relationships through the facilitation of personal client meetings and consistent client contact
- Participate in the retention of renewal business. prepare specifications, gather underwriting data and related information in the marketing of insurance products
- Review policies and provide recommendations regarding placement options utilizing coverage checklists and a network of industry contacts to determine appropriate coverage and premiums
- Process policy changes from clients and review carrier endorsements for accuracy, invoice and send to client.
- Responsible for managing daily account servicing needs such as cancellations, binders, premium finance contracts, auto ID cards, certificates, proposals, billing and attaching client correspondence in agency management system
- All other duties pertaining to servicing accounts and/or other duties as assigned from time to time
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience of Commercial Lines client management experience
- Valid P&C brokers’ license Required
- Industry specific designations preferred- CISR, ARM or similar
- Proficient in insurance agency management systems, AMS 360 and Work Smart preferred
- Knowledge of Commercial Lines underwriting, coverage, rate analysis/procedures & experience reporting
Risk Strategies is the 9th largest privately held US brokerage firm offering comprehensive risk management advice, insurance and reinsurance placement for property & casualty, employee benefits, private client services, as well as consulting services and financial & wealth solutions. With more than 30 specialty practices, the firm serves commercial companies, nonprofits, public entities, and individuals, and has access to all major insurance markets. Risk Strategies has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across the US and Canada.
Industry recognition includes being named a Best Places to Work in Insurance for five consecutive years (2018-2022) and to the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. Risk Strategies is committed to being good stewards for our company, culture, and communities by having a strong focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance issues.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.