Loss Control Consultant
Location: United States
The Loss Control Consultant position is responsible for the provision of risk management, loss prevention, and safety related services to assist our clients in the identification and mitigation of safety and property related hazards with an emphasis on workers’ compensation, general liability, automobile losses and property engineering.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Conduct safety assessments at client facilities including manufacturing, non-manufacturing occupancies such as hospitals, universities, real estate, retail, and process industries, etc.
- Assist clients in reducing actual and potential losses by recommending, implementing, and improving safety and loss control programs based on loss history, regulations, organizational needs, and industry “best practices”
- Provide detailed COPE reports, including analysis of client/prospect exposures and loss control recommendations.
- Work closely with the claims team and analytics group to review large losses, analyze loss trends and develop service plan for clients to mitigate future losses
- Manage relationship between insurance company loss control and clients by coordinating visits and service plans
- Work with clients and insurers to review and prioritize insurers’ recommendations. Develop creative alternative, cost-effective solutions when possible and assist clients with preparing written responses to insurer risk improvement recommendations
- As this is a national position, travel out of the region is required approximately 35% of the time
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, engineering degree, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years insurance property loss control and/or safety management experience within healthcare, manufacturing, construction, real estate, or other related industry
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations for general industry, loss control “best practices” and workers compensation programs is required
- Knowledge of NFPA and FM Global standards
- Knowledge of DOT, ANSI and Industrial Hygiene Practices is a plus
At Risk Strategies Company, base pay is one part of our total compensation package, which also includes a comprehensive suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, retirement savings, and paid time off and paid holidays for eligible employees. The total compensation for a position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. The expected base pay range for this position is between $90,000 - $115,000. The actual base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including geographical location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Risk Strategies is the 9th largest privately held US brokerage firm offering comprehensive risk management advice, insurance and reinsurance placement for property & casualty, employee benefits, private client services, as well as consulting services and financial & wealth solutions. With more than 30 specialty practices, Risk Strategies serves commercial companies, nonprofits, public entities, and individuals, and has access to all major insurance markets. Risk Strategies has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across the US and Canada.
Our industry recognition includes being named a Best Places to Work in Insurance for the past five years (2018-2022) and on the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. We are committed to being good stewards for our company, culture, and communities by having a strong focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance issues.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.