Location: United States
The Mid-Market Account Manager is responsible for managing an assigned book of business while developing long term relationships with clients. This position will also be responsible to respond to the day-to-day client inquiries and any needed client analytics. The Account Manager will interface with vendors and key clients internally and externally, create client deliverables, and ensure quality standards are met. The Account Manager performs these essential functions of the position while meeting RSC quality and service standards. The Account Manager has a smaller book of business with less complex clients and assists the Team Leader and Account Executive(s) on their clients. The Account Manager is responsible for revenue growth – client expansion – on their personal book of business. The qualified candidate must have strong knowledge across the spectrum of employer-sponsored health & welfare related plans, including federal and state regulations that impact these plans.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits, vendor/carrier products and services including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and voluntary
- Manage a personal book of business of approximately $500,000+
- Support Team Leader and/or Account Executive(s), as assigned
- Proactively provide client service in response to day-to-day service issues and questions; escalate, as necessary
- Actively seek improvements to client service and efficiencies within teams by identifying improved processes
- Works with the client team to develop project plans and deliver on service goals
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of account transactions
- Prepare renewals and RFPs, coordinate vendor responses, support negotiations, analyze and spreadsheet proposal results, and develop the client presentations
- Delegate administrative and analytic tasks, as necessitated, to team Benefit Analyst; provide coaching and peer review, e.g., Forms 5500, policy review, monthly carrier reporting, etc
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings (prepare agendas and materials, coordinate resources, etc.)
- Understand, articulate and implement RS value-added resources
- Accountability for updating client information, in timely manner, within appropriate software (e.g., BenefitPoint, AMS, etc)
- Provide peer review for others on team
Requirements and Qualifications
- BA/BS preferred
- 2 - 5+ years of health & welfare experience, meets majority of core practice competency-based skills
- Client-facing experience in the employee benefit industry a plus
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and learning to anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management
- Diligent follow up skills • Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus
Risk Strategies is the 9th largest privately held US brokerage firm offering comprehensive risk management advice, insurance and reinsurance placement for property & casualty, employee benefits, private client services, as well as consulting services and financial & wealth solutions. With more than 30 specialty practices, Risk Strategies serves commercial companies, nonprofits, public entities, and individuals, and has access to all major insurance markets. Risk Strategies has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across the US and Canada.
Our industry recognition includes being named a Best Places to Work in Insurance for the past five years (2018-2022) and on the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. We are committed to being good stewards for our company, culture, and communities by having a strong focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance issues.
At Risk Strategies Company, base pay is one part of our total compensation package, which also includes a comprehensive suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, retirement savings, and paid time off and paid holidays for eligible employees. The total compensation for a position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. The expected base pay range for this position is between $50,000.00 - $75,000.00. The actual base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including geographical location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.