Location: Sparks, MD 21152, USA
The Claims Specialist will support one of Risk Strategies Specialty Captives Groups, Oxford. Oxford has earned the reputation as a leader in providing forward-thinking captive insurance solutions for our clients. This Claims Specialist position will handle Commercial & Professional Lines property and casualty insurance claim matters for Oxford clients.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Claims Specialist include, but are not limited to;
- Review circumstances surrounding claims along with appropriate coverage and verbally communicate preliminary coverage opinion to the client
- Acknowledge receipt of claim to client in writing and request all documents necessary in order to move forward and properly advocate on client’s behalf
- Keep AMS claims file properly updated and attach documents in accordance with protocols created and set within the department
- Handle to conclusion insurance claims presented by Oxford clients and/or as assigned by Claims Manager. Duties include advocating for the client, maintaining an active diary, transmittal of documentation and follow-up correspondence to the client and carrier
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ yrs. Commercial Lines claims experience
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Agency management system knowledge required, AMS 360/Work Smart preferred
- Proficient computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office suite
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Occasional travel may be required.
Risk Strategies is the 9th largest privately held US brokerage firm offering comprehensive risk management advice, insurance and reinsurance placement for property & casualty, employee benefits, private client services, as well as consulting services and financial & wealth solutions. With more than 30 specialty practices, the firm serves commercial companies, nonprofits, public entities, and individuals, and has access to all major insurance markets. Risk Strategies has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across the US and Canada.
Industry recognition includes being named a Best Places to Work in Insurance for five consecutive years (2018-2022) and to the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. Risk Strategies is committed to being good stewards for our company, culture, and communities by having a strong focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance issues.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.