Account Manager, Commercial Lines
Location: United States
The Commercial Lines, Account Manager will serve as a trusted advisor to key client groups by providing strategic and consultative guidance on identified collaborative initiatives, assessment of potential risk profiles and conducting policy audits, proposals and renewals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in servicing key accounts while prioritizing and managing workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate delivery of key objectives.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Building and maintaining constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Leveraging commercial P&C insurance knowledge and expertise to actively service existing accounts and develop new business opportunities
- Fostering an environment of personal accountability by managing appropriate system records of service, marketing, and policy communications with clients and carriers in AMS accordingly
- Nurturing professional relationships through the facilitation of personal client meetings and consistent client contact
- Participating in the retention of renewal business. Interacting with producers to prepare specifications, applications, underwriting data and related information in the marketing of insurance products
- Reviewing current policies and providing recommendations regarding placement options. Utilizing coverage checklists and a network of industry contacts to determine appropriate coverage and premiums
- Ensuring the client has continuous and proper coverage and advising the client of any recommendations within a mutually established timeline
- 3 – 5 years’ experience of Commercial Lines client management experience
- Valid P&C brokers’ license
- College degree preferred
- Industry specific designations preferred- CISR, ARM or similar
- Proficient in insurance agency management systems, AMS 360 and Work Smart preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Commercial Lines underwriting, coverage, rate analysis/procedures & experience reporting
Risk Strategies is the 9th largest privately held US brokerage firm offering comprehensive risk management advice, insurance and reinsurance placement for property & casualty, employee benefits, private client services, as well as consulting services and financial & wealth solutions. With more than 30 specialty practices, the firm serves commercial companies, nonprofits, public entities, and individuals, and has access to all major insurance markets. Risk Strategies has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across the US and Canada.
Industry recognition includes being named a Best Places to Work in Insurance for five consecutive years (2018-2022) and to the Inc. 5000 list as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. Risk Strategies is committed to being good stewards for our company, culture, and communities by having a strong focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance issues.
At Risk Strategies Company, base pay is one part of our total compensation package, which also includes a comprehensive suite of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, retirement savings, and paid time off and paid holidays for eligible employees. The total compensation for a position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. The expected base pay range for this position is between $64,000 - $90,000. The actual base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including geographical location, education, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.