ServiceNow Product Owner
Location: United States
The ServiceNow Product Manager will be responsible for overseeing our continued deployment of ServiceNow within the company. They will be responsible for managing the end-to-end ServiceNow development lifecycle, including designing, developing, testing, and deploying ServiceNow applications, modules, and integrations, using both internal and external contract resources. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities, development best practices, and team management to drive the success of our ServiceNow development initiatives.
The successful candidate will require unparalleled communication skills in addition to solid technical skills. This will encompass communicating up, down and engaging with end-users in a manner that effectively permits open communication associated with defining their needs of the ServiceNow platform. Effective, clear, concise and attention to detail for all written communication and documentation is expected.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and manage ServiceNow product roadmap, ensuring alignment with overall company goals and strategies.
- Manage and oversee contract services and vendors ensuring delivery of required business aligned solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including, business leaders, change champions, developers, architects, and other stakeholders to prioritize and deliver features and enhancements.
- Define product requirements and specifications, including user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance to internal teams and customers on ServiceNow product capabilities, best practices, and industry trends.
- Provide technical support and guidance to ServiceNow users, and facilitate user training and adoption.
- Monitor product performance and user adoption, and implement strategies to improve product usability, functionality, and performance working closely with Change Management team.
- Communicate product updates and releases to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain ServiceNow workflows, business rules, and scripts to automate processes and improve productivity.
- Monitor ServiceNow system health and performance, troubleshoot issues, and implement solutions.
- Ensure ServiceNow platform security, including user authentication, data encryption, and compliance with security policies and regulations.
- Maintain documentation and knowledge base on ServiceNow platform configuration and administration.
- Perform ServiceNow platform administration, including managing user accounts, roles, permissions, and access controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a ServiceNow Administrator/Product Owner or similar role
- Strong understanding of ServiceNow platform architecture, applications, and modules, including ITSM, ITOM, HR, and other modules
- Expertise in ServiceNow administration, configuration, customization, and scripting
- Experience with ServiceNow updates, releases, and patches
- Knowledge of ServiceNow security best practices, authentication, and encryption
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience leading product development projects from concept to launch
- ServiceNow certification is a plus
- Solid customer service skills, including active listening, patience, and concern for client issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including development of end-user documentation, training materials and presentations
- Ability to translate technical material and information to non-technical users.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to multitask and adapt to changes quickly. This includes balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Risk Strategies is a top national specialty insurance brokerage and risk management firm assisting organizations and individuals to simplify the process of protecting assets, offering benefits and minimizing liability. With a national footprint of over 150 offices and approximately 4300 employees across the US & Canada, we were ranked the 9th Largest Privately Owned Broker in the US last year. Since 2018, we thrive on our passion to be ranked a Best Places to Work by our most important asset, our employees.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.