Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA
The Wellness Coordinator is a key member of Gehring Group’s client account management department. When assigned, the Wellness Coordinator partners with the Account Manager and other members of Gehring Group’s client account team to understand the needs, resources and budget available for Wellness as well as the full benefits plan of the client. Under the direction of the Director of Account Management, the Wellness Coordinator is responsible for assisting employer groups in strategically developing, coordinating and maintaining effective wellness programs that will reduce population health risk and reduce employer medical costs.
The Wellness Coordinator is expected to understand the specifics of each assigned client. This role requires the ability to coordinate effectively and independently with their assigned Account Managers. This position also works closely with health & wellness vendor and insurance carrier partners so as to be able to fully support Gehring Group clients and deliver ongoing superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages multiple employer groups’ wellness programs including activities such as annual strategic planning meetings, attendance at monthly wellness committee meetings, and day to day assistance in wellness program related needs.
- Continually assesses population health needs and coordinates appropriate health education seminars, series, screening, and events to improve the health and wellbeing of the employee population.
- Maintains reporting, documentation, and evaluation of multiple worksite wellness programs.
- Conducts health and wellness educational seminars and weight loss series.
- Develops health promotion programs for client use.
- Maintains relationships with wellness vendors, on-site health centers, and carriers.
- Remains current on wellness program legislation and industry trends and offerings.
- Serves as a resource for employer’s staff, employer's on-site health center staff, and Gehring Group employees.
- Performs other relevant duties as needed and assigned.
SUCCESS FACTOR/KSA (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES):
- Basic knowledge and ability to develop health promotion programs including presentations, challenges, and behavior modification series.
- Basic understanding of legislation surrounding worksite wellness programs.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to large groups.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and proactive with regard to solving problems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), BenTek, and social business platforms.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of professional experience coordinating and/or developing worksite health & wellness programs is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a health related field from an accredited university is required.
- Additional experience may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Valid FL Driver’s license is required.
- Certified Worksite Wellness Specialist (National Wellness Institute), Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist (Health and Wellness Association), and/or Certified Health Education Specialist (National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc) is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with CRM software, or similar technology, is preferred.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.