Location: United States
Academic Health Plans (AHP) is a Risk Strategies company and leader in the student health care industry. The Academic Health Plans Software Developer position is a critical member of our development team building our next generation platform. We are looking for a full-stack software developer with experience in developing software in .NET Core C#, Angular, and MS SQL in an AWS Cloud Setting.
The software developer will join a larger team made up of team members from both AHP and our Development Partners. This team consists of Product Owners, Business Analysts, software architects, UX/UI designers, software developers, and SQA team members.
We are using a hybrid software development approach with two-week sprints, a strong UI/UX driven design approach, a modern scalable architecture, manual and automated QA, and a CICD-based deployment and release process.
AHP’s offices are based in Grapevine, Texas (West of DFW Airport) and the ability to work from home is supported. AHP has adopted a hybrid working approach for Teams to work remotely with the potential for scheduled periods in the office.
- Work as a key member of a larger software development team, working in a modern cloud-based platform architecture, building features from a Product Roadmap.
- Take responsibility for the design, development, and implementation of specific JIRA-based user stories for User Interfaces, business logic, and back-end database changes.
- Perform unit testing on self-developed code.
- Assist other developers in broader testing such as integration or end to end testing of key features.
- Update design and other documentation in Confluence as requested.
- Participate in development team activities including daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demonstrations, and sprint retrospectives.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar Technical Area and/or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience as a full stack developer in an AWS or Azure hosted, .NET CORE, C#, Angular, and MS SQL development environment.
- 3+ years with cloud technologies using AWS or Azure
- 2+ years building or supporting RESTful APIs
- 1+ years experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with GitHub
Risk Strategies is a top national specialty insurance brokerage and risk management firm assisting organizations and individuals to simplify the process of protecting assets, offering benefits and minimizing liability. With over 100 offices and 4,100 employees across the US & Canada, we thrive on our passion to be ranked a Best Places to Work since 2018 by our most important asset, our employees. For 2020, Risk Strategies was named 6th Fastest Growing Firm, 12th Largest Personal Lines Broker, 11th largest privately-held P&C Broker and the 16th largest US Broker by Insurance Journal.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.