Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA
The Benefits Analyst is responsible for servicing a book while coordinating account strategies with the Account Managers and Producers. Your role will include endorsement activity, handling routine coverage questions, problem-solving, renewals, reviews & summaries, and remarketing when appropriate.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Benefits Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Submit date on potential accounts and renewals to support personnel for processing, market the account, present proposals to prospects and clients, close sales and deliver policies
- Refer all leads, other than Personal Lines, to appropriate Team Leader
- Review all renewals within established guidelines.
- Adds/terms/demographic changes administrative tasks
- Creating group census’s for marketing and assisting Benefits Consultant in like duties
- Answers benefit related questions for employees/employers
- Creates and customizes benefit enrollment platforms
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree or commercial insurance servicing experience preferred but not required
- 1-3 years’ experience within insurance industry preferred but not required
- Ability to obtain a Life and Health Insurance License L&H Insurance License within 90 days
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible, and able to work effectively under pressure, handling multiple tasks with interruptions and changing priorities
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills
- This position reports to and works out of the Cincinnati Risk Strategies office.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Travel is minimal.
Risk Strategies is a top national specialty insurance brokerage and risk management firm assisting organizations and individuals to simplify the process of protecting assets, offering benefits and minimizing liability. With over 150 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across the US & Canada, we thrive on our passion to be ranked a Best Places to Work since 2018 by our most important asset, our employees. For 2020, Risk Strategies was named 6th Fastest Growing Firm, 12th Largest Personal Lines Broker, 11th largest privately-held P&C Broker and the 16th largest US Broker by Insurance Journal.
Risk Strategies Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.